Welcome to my cake blog..enjoy my creations! gracie x x

Welcome to my cake blog..enjoy my creations! gracie x x
Mother's day cakes

Sunday 24 June 2012

Chocolate tarts (with ready made cases!)


Ok, I feel quite bad about using pre-made cases but my pastry skills aren't quite up to standard yet so watch this space! On the plus side, this is a brilliant recipe if you're a bit short of time but don't want something shop bought.

For the filling:

Melt 100g dark chocolate and add 1 tsp vanilla extract (or paste which I prefer)
Whip 200 ml double cream until stiff
Add melted chocolate and fold in until fully incorporated
Fill the tarts (this was more than enough for 8 little cases)
Refrigerate for about 3 hours
Remove from fridge about 30 mins before serving and grate with chocolate 

No comments:

Post a Comment